Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

What Heating & Cooling System? to work with HRV system

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We have decided to install an HRV system in our new build. We are NOT building a passive house but like the benefits of the HRV system. This means that we will be seeking an air tightness of below 3 (aka, a very sealed house but not sealed to the extent required to be a passive house). What heating and cooling system makes sense for us? We will have a master and guest room downstairs that must have individual air con options, and then open plan living (plus mud & laundry) downstairs. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms, home office, media/rumpus room and bathroom. For efficiency we will want to control the bedrooms separately from the other rooms. It took ages to research the HRV system and figure out how to make this happen without going down the passive house route...I am hoping for some help with heating & cooling. Thank you!
https://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/a ... e-2019.pdf

Sounds like you want a multi split.

Individual controls in each room with each room having an appropriately sized unit.

Basically like have regular split systems inside, but outside you only have a single unit.

allows you to set a different temperature for each room.

some of the fancy systems even allow you to heat one room and cool another if people have very different preferences.

I don't really know how multi splits work with HRV though, probably a question for an installer.
Related
29/04/2023
Safe Work methods

General Discussion

Block of two storey townhouses requires painting on the roof. A brick parapet wall separates each unit and extends above the tiled roof. The parapet walls require sealing…

12/11/2023
Beginner advice - how can we make this house work for us???

Renovation + Home Improvement

I posted the floorplan on Houzz.com forum and got some really good ideas and advice from people there. Then we reached out to a couple of renovation companies and one…

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum