Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Dehumidification for unit

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I live in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom unit that is 98m2 in North Queensland. It is very hot and humid with no air-conditioning on, it s a quite a leaky unit (air wise) and once the aircon is off it doesn't take long for the place to feel like a sauna. I would fix this but I am only renting, I would like to invest in a dehumidifier that will hopefully be cheaper to run then the aircon as it its not so much the temperature that is an issue but the oppressive humidity which is only really an issue from November to March with February being the worst. What would be a properly sized and energy efficient dehumidifier for my unit? I haven't had much luck with any other tips, most websites say to ventilate! which is hard when the humidity is 95% outside, it just lets more humid air in. I have the moisture absorbers in the cupboards and it takes about 1 week for them to fill up completely. Any help would be appreciated.
Check out the latest ALDI catalogue if you have a store near you.
SaveH2O
Check out the latest ALDI catalogue if you have a store near you.

Hey thanks, sadly the nearest Aldi here is 700km+ away even though I live in a city of 229,000, im assuming they have a deal on?
Most AC should have dehumidifying function. The water droplet sign on your remote means in dehumidifying mode.
Jason526
Most AC should have dehumidifying function. The water droplet sign on your remote means in dehumidifying mode.

But its the cost, I have had them on dehumidifying mode and they just end up dripping water inside because they get overwhelmed.
Mahmoud1989
im assuming they have a deal on?

Oops...my bad! It's a humidifier lol.
I scanned through the catalogue a few days ago and marked it to check later. Now I understand why the low price. The good thing is that you have saved me an unnecessary trip on Saturday so thanks for that.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... umidifier/
Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum