Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

New Daikin multi-Head unit - noisey

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Recently completed an extension in which we had a Daikin bulkheads installed -
3 bulkheads
1 wall unit (split)
1 external unit

When we turn on one of the units in one room, it can be very noisey in the other rooms through the unit in that room. Is this normal?
Also, I've checked with a thermal gun and i can see heat coming out of some of the other units when one of them is on (its not exactly pumping out but there is heat coming through) - again, is this expected? (in the attached photo you can see how the incoming pipes from the external unit are split to the different heads. There are multiple splits like this.

Additionally, I looked at these bulk heads from in my attic. They were left 'open' to the attic space, is this normal? Insulation and installation papers were just sitting on top of some of the units. I'd have expected the units to be sealed to a an extent so that the cooling/heating goes into the room as opposed to into the attic. I'm also worried about the dirt from the attic getting into the units. Attached is an image of this as well.

Thanks

Thanks
Related
27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum