Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

New build insulation

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
We are about to commence a new build, double storey with Coral Homes in Brisbane. Their base quote has includes "R2.5 Glasswool insulation batts to internal ceiling areas" and "Sisalation to all external walls". We'd appreciate any comments / thoughts on whether or not this would be adequate for the Brisbane climate or would there be any 'upgrades' that you'd recommend? Any lastly, is there any further information that we should be asking in relation to the description of the inclusion above? Thank you in advance.
The minimum recommended is R4.1 for the ceilings. You could also put anticon. I suggest you put batts in your external walls as well. It will save you a lot on energy bills going forward. It's difficult and expensive to try and do it afterwards. We put R2.0 acoustic batts in all walls and R4.1 in ceilings. The house is very comfortable both during hot and cold days. You might also consider putting a light coloured roof and whirlybirds.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum