Join Login
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation

Underfloor insulation

Page 1 of 1
Hey all, just installing underfloor bats. They only come in 420mm pieces and our joists vary 420 up to 480....it’s an old house.
What’s best, run the bats parallel to the joist and then cut a thin full length to the fill the gap. Alternatively I could run sections perpendicular to joists this way no thin sections but more joins.
Any ideas would be great.
Cheers
How are you attaching the batts?
Berek
How are you attaching the batts?

Cheers, We are going to use strapping with 10mm galvanised staples.
Probably less waste installing parallel. And as you say, less joins that could impact performance.
Berek
Probably less waste installing parallel. And as you say, less joins that could impact performance.

Hi Berek,
Thanks for getting back to me. I have just had an update from the manufacture who has suggested running the batts perpendicular so will go for this.
Cheers
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumHeating, Cooling & Insulation
Home
Pros
Forum