Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Concept designs: new oven & kitchen tap

Page 1 of 1
I've been a little frustrated trying to find the right appliances and fittings for my new house... they usually seem *almost* right, but not quite. So I thought I might start a bit of a concept gallery of my creations, to get your opinions on what I think could be ideal. Ignore the branding on each: I just put that there to make it look a little more realistic (ie: wishful thinking!)

Oven meets Nest

This concept is designed to streamline the face of the oven: all tinted black glass, with only the "handle" protruding from the face. The handle is actually an LCD touchscreen -- you set the temperature and duration by running your finger over the red markers. The markers then readjust themselves to fit the semicircle, much like a smartphone's display.

Streamlined kitchen tap

The idea here was to remove the extra handles and knobs from the spout -- all controls are part of the spout itself. Water flow is controlled by twisting the head of the spout, and temperature is set by pressing the LED touch buttons (which would light up brighter once set). I figure there's enough temperature settings for practicality, and the small-to-large LEDs give a good indication of how hot or cold the water's going to be.

Opinions and ideas welcome -- I'm now working on some door handles and will get those posted shortly.
Check out the Gaggenau range in Europe which will be in Australia in a few months.
They have an oven the is black and no handle
Oven reminds me of the Barazza Level - black glass/no handle/LCD display.

Brainstorming the tap concept, i like it, but would hate to see its price, and manufacturing viability

A remotely located water temperature control pad would be more viable (for servicing & manufacture). Maybe on the sink or bench to electronically control the temp, which mixes the water, and supplies it to the spout, which is then a simple flow control. This means you can manufacture different spout design shapes easier. The temp control pad could be sold in more applications, then just this spout then as well.

A knurled finish on the flow control (handle) would look nicer, be more practical to grip, and offer a more 'modern industrial' style

you would also need to control heat transfer to the knurled ring from the hot water, otherwise you may need oven gloves to actually turn it off
Hmmm, certainly a design point, but can't see that being an issue, with the fact that it would have multiple layering(inner tube & outter tube, the temperature limiting valves required in Aus, and the fact that the design would set a maximum temperature in it's electronic temperature control feature to account for this.
You would have to worry about its seals longevity, if it's allowing water through that's hot enough to scald you through 2x layers of steel
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

21/12/2023
Brass or Stainless steel made tap for Kitchen

Bathrooms and Laundry

Brass or 2) Stainless steel made - which Kitchen tap is good for drinking.Brass kitchen taps in Australia contain lead…

19/07/2023
Shallow lot designs

General Discussion

Would anyone on this forum know of a builder/company in Brisbane with house designs for a shallow block. I have a block 20 x 20 so with front and rear set backs I need a…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum