Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Samsung Smart Window

Page 1 of 1
Take a look people. What do you reckon? Can you see one of these adorning the future kitchen of your future house? Or bedrooms? Or that big room with the nice panoramic window/big screen tv? I do!!!

http://youtu.be/m5rlTrdF5Cs
What... no opinions from anyone at all? I'm dissapointed. This is usually quite a talkative forum
Oh wow sir snagger,

so cool!
Amazing technology!! I'll put an order in - how much??

Technology - it all changes so rapidly.... I remember life without a mobile phone!
yeah, sorry. I can't say how much cos i'm too afraid to ask too
But it'll be the same as all new tech. Expensive from the get go, but will become cheaper with mass production (which is set to start this year too btw!)
Yeah it's interesting. I'd like to know what sort of things you can connect up to it though, or is it just running off something similar to an ipad. If you could connect things like a playstation, or your laptop and TV, then I'd be interested, but if you can only run "apps" off it, then it's not for me...
Disbride
Yeah it's interesting. I'd like to know what sort of things you can connect up to it though, or is it just running off something similar to an ipad. If you could connect things like a playstation, or your laptop and TV, then I'd be interested, but if you can only run "apps" off it, then it's not for me...

From what I could see on it, it would be a more advanced version of the current Samsung Smart Hub. It would act like a normal tv (plug things into it etc) plus has that internet streaming capability, like the apps and games and internet tv channels. I wouldn't want anything less in it either for me to want to have one. Would seem kinda pointless if that stuff wasn't included standard.
That is an awesome bit of technology! Obviously will be too expensive when it first comes out, like most things, but I think a few generations down the track, when other companies start making similar products, the price will come down and make it affordable.
Very cool, I want one
Impressive,nice technology!But will cos a lot sure
very amazing technology i really like it.
omg that is so sexy!
so so cool
Wow!!
Holy cow!!
Are they in aus?
Two years on and I have not seen one in a house!
Maybe in another 10 years?
Wouldn't it be nice. Maybe one day when automation really starts taking off in the mainstream these will become a more commonplace feature.
2-cupcakes-pls
Two years on and I have not seen one in a house!
Maybe in another 10 years?

Maybe... but I can't really see the use for them to be honest ...

They look a bit gimmicky
Mel Smith

They look a bit gimmicky

Yep, like the internet fridge.
That's awesome. I wonder if anything has been made yet.
Yuk. As if we don't have enough antisocial gadgets already.
Probably Samsung's Smart window was nothing more than just a concept luring everyone's attention ! Many such concepts have been made like the phone in the movie TOTAL RECALL .
don't know when such technology is coming our way
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

21/04/2024
smart or normal switches

Building A New House

Shelly switches require a paid subscription for full access to all features which is ridiulous given the lifespan of a home and if you were to sell it or buy a home with…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum