Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

3D TV with no glasses is almost here

Page 1 of 1
Sometimes one has to speculate but soon games will be released with 3D screens meaning TV and PC monitors will follow suit after few months possibly the end of 2011 will probably see the new no glasses 3D introduced to the market. So I am in no rush to buy a large format TV for now.

Good bye
They already have 3D TVs with no glasses, a friend of mine distributes them from China. Trouble is that you have to format the content before being able to watch it so you cant do games or live TV. At this points its used alot in advertising. Soon it will be more common
From an article I read a month or 2 ago, Sony (I think) had released a TV that was glasses-less 3D but was upwards of $20000? and was only 7"-10" big. DIfference being here to the above example is it is a replacement for current 3D tech but still in the development stage prior to large scale production. Give it a cppl of years and it will be in full swing I reckon. It's the main reason I'm not gonna buy another TV anytime soon.
3D glass free TV already exists overseas, trouble is small size, large price and disappointing picture quality. You are really limited to a certain distance and certain viewing positions / angles. This is similar to the 3ds. This is why big manufacturers such as Sony, Samsung and Panasonic will continue to push out 3d glass tvs for a few more years. It is good to see LG bring out cinema style glasses however that do not require any power source. A lot of people want to wait from the sounds of it, i think it might be a long wait.
Anyone heard anything about holographic tv's? Sounds very star trek.
Darren Stewart
Anyone heard anything about holographic tv's? Sounds very star trek.

or 80's cool! I remember the wonder of these as a kid!
Cant Wait
we bought a 70 inch non 3d around three or four months ago
they seriously tried to talk us into going smaller and 3d
why i have no idea
ive seen two 3d movies at the cinema and was certainly not a fan, when the action got quick on the screen i had a hard time keeping up visually

i can remember being 9 years old and watching 3d movies on tv in the uk and you would get the pair of cardboard glasses with the red and blue plastic lenses in the Radio Times tv mag
that was in 1982!
I think all this is some years off yet so I wouldn't put off buying a new TV anytime soon.
A good article in one of the daily papers about six months ago said that some of the big companies are aiming their research at the holographic side rather than 3D.
You;ll be able to watch a football game in your loungeroom where the players are projected onto your floor and you'll be watching them run around just like you'd do at a game from the sidelines.
Interesting times.
State of Origin , AFL grand final, FA cup final , coooooooooool

Stewie
It's 2016 now we got 3D TV's for sure with 8K display being commercialized.
And virtual reality headsets are in market right now.
Check out Microsoft's Hololens.
This some improvement that had happened over the years.
A lot has changed for past couple of years.
hopefully will see major changes in the near future.
Related
You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum