Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Doors from Corinthian!

Page 2 of 2
themax
Wow darrell81, GREAT BUY!!

good price hey.theres a guy in brisbane who has a shop that buys all the reject material from builders.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Door-Entrance-Pi ... 19c26b3b52 there loss our gain
yeah, our Melbourne office sends a ridiculous amount of doors off to grays etc
MR2
yeah, our Melbourne office sends a ridiculous amount of doors off to grays etc

Hi, I'm a first time poster in this forum and in the process of trying to line up everything in preparation to start building in Feb (hopefully - all going well).

You mention doors are sent off to Grays. Are these internal doors you are referring to, front Pivot doors or both?
haha, what ends up at grays is generally only the product that is a custom size, build or faulty which we are not confident other customers will pickup within a reasonable amount of time..

you might be best having a look through ebay as well? last I checked much of what has been through grays and other sources ends up there.

if it's a new build I would honestly suggest for items like pivot frames that you talk to your builder as these require special intergration (the Pivot obviously, is part of the frame)
is pivot or hinge door better for long run?
Hi,
I am planning to have a bigger front door 1200w * 2340h. Will a hinge system be enough for this door or should I go for pivot system?

What will be the price difference?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
RegVic
Hi,
I am planning to have a bigger front door 1200w * 2340h. Will a hinge system be enough for this door or should I go for pivot system?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

You will need to go pivot as if u go hinged the door will be too heavy.
PEARZ
RegVic
Hi,

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

You will need to go pivot as if u go hinged the door will be too heavy.

Hi Pearz, Thank you for your response. Do you know what the cost difference will be?

Cheers,
Depends on type of doors but i have heard it ranges from $2000 - 3000 to upgrade. This is in vic.
PEARZ
Depends on type of doors but i have heard it ranges from $2000 - 3000 to upgrade. This is in vic.

Thank you Pearz
We have a 1200 x 2340 door with five sets of big hinges and it's fine

Beazley77
We have a 1200 x 2340 door with five sets of big hinges and it's fine

Does anyone else have their 1200 Corinthian door on hinges and not pivot and have had no problems and think it's easy to open still?? I got told we shouldn't so I'm now I'm really undecided.
Probably a bit late of a reply but we have our 1200 x 2340 door in 4 hinges and also fine.
Related
14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion

we have a standard size and often we have a lot of variety to choose

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum