Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

ground cover for slope

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I've recently had my back yard flattened, half way up
Here is a post of previous pics
I now have a large slope, about 20m wide, from 2.5m to 1m high of loose soil that needs to be fixed.
I also have 2 dogs, what can i use for a short term solution and what should i plant there to fix it permanently?

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=97949#97949
trailing lotus would be a ripper

An excellent choice would be drosanthemum pink champagne. This is a fleshy leafed ground cover that is tougher than Mr T

In the summer it will put on a flower show second to none. A carpet of mauve-pink flowers with very little leaf showing through. This is commonly seen in coastal perth suburbs in Particular along westcoast highway. When the show is on, that is all people want
There is one house in old Mullaloo that has a steep sloping block with this as a ground cover and it it jaw dropping through summer
anyone know if it will it grow in outer eastern melbourne?
chris...
anyone know if it will it grow in outer eastern melbourne?

similar climates to perth so don't see why not

isn't emerald in qld?
No, that one is in the Dandenongs
Where Puffing Billy chuffs past

and yes the plants I have suggested will do very well in Melbourne in the hills or anywhere for that matter.

I know where they are grown (wholesale nursery) here in WA get many frosts and they do fine
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

25/02/2024
Slope land builders Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi All, We have recently purchased a sloping block (3.5m fall building envelope, 6m overall). Just wondering if you know of any good builders that you would recommend for…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum