Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help our little grass tree please

Page 1 of 1
Hi there guys,

Just reading up a bit and trying to establish what went wrong with our Grass tree and it appears we may have root rot!

We received the grass tree from a friend of ours for a wedding gift so has alot of sentimental value, so fingers crossed we can get some help from one of our fellow grass tree lovers!.

Our tree when we got it was healthy and had some nice grass coming from its crown. We re potted it into a bigger pot and used premium potting mix to combined with the existing potting mix and made sure to not disturb the bulb as much as possible, once we re-potted it it came to life and sprouted a beautiful 6f tall flower. Then we had to move home and our removalists were not so kind to our little tree, in the following month it's health decline and it started discarding its leaves until the point we are at now. Can anyone help or are we at the end of the line with our much loved grass tree 😭😭😭

Help please 🤞

If you suspect a rot problem you need to investigate what's causing it. Perhaps a blocked drain hole? You need to take it out of the pot & carry out a full inspection of the root ball. If it hasn't come away from the stem, just repot it as before with fresh potty mix. Very diluted seasol after reporting. Also, is it placed in a similar environment as before (natural light?).
Related
17/12/2023
Synthetic Grass DIY

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Please help me to answer this question , it will help me a lot as i can go to buy confidently with your recommendation: I want to put synthetic turf in our backyard for…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum