Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help repair my lawn

Page 1 of 1
I laid down sir Walter buffalo about 2 years ago with about 80mm sandy loam as a base. Lawn looked fantastic and lush went for a holiday came back and lawn was burnt in several places bought it back to life with lots of water and fertiliser but I still have so many patches where the grass will not grow. Can anyone suggest how I get these patches back to grow?

Is the black stuff potting soil?
It’s lawn mix I put down with lawn repair
Gig out small patches from healthy grassed areas and dig them into areas that without grass. This will then speed up the time to cover larger areas without grass.
Grab some runners from somewhere else in the lawn and plant them in the bare patches or buy a roll and cut out patches to fit.
Loosen up the soil in the bare patches with a pitchfork first.
Have you checked that you don’t have lawn grab or something else that is affecting the grass?
Yep have black beetle grubs can't believe it. Sprayed beetle spray all over, then cut out all dead patches and laid new turf down. Also got myself Scott's lawn grub fertiliser. Hope that does the trick.

sam00
Yep have black beetle grubs can't believe it. Sprayed beetle spray all over, then cut out all dead patches and laid new turf down. Also got myself Scott's lawn grub fertiliser. Hope that does the trick.

Glad that helped, looking forward to seeing it recover 😊
Related
28/08/2023
Ceiling Repair

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi All, Hoping someone might be be to provide some advice on my ceiling that needs repair. Photos attached, but seems like the alcove (??) is pulling away. Thanks Thomas

14/12/2023
Repair of 20yr old latent defect (SA)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

The intent of that sort of clause is being misaaplied. its suposed to be used to avoid paying out for things liek when you decided to do a reno yourself and the…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum