Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Drainage help

Page 1 of 1
Firstly i am new here so be kind as I find my way around!

I am hoping to get some advice in regards to the best drainage practice on our very undeveloped property.

In this first photo I want to put a drain in where the green line is along the driveway. Again, it is very undeveloped and yes all the weeds etc will be gone!!

However I am bringing in several truck loads of 20mm minus for the driveway so I am wondering if I dig a trench and put some 20mm in it, then lay a 65mm or 100mm slotted drain and then cover it with the 20mm minus driveway material would that be adequate?

Do I need the socked drain and will 65mm do or should I use 100mm? Will the 20mm minus be a suitable rock to use in the drain?

The drain will ultimately terminate into a pit drain down on the flat house site. (There are several pit drains on the flat house site)

In this next photo I am going to put up a small retaining wall (small in height, not length). So again I am anticipating putting down a drain and 20mm metal behind the wall as per the drain above. Is this going to be suitable?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Danny
Ok so being new here I didnt do a search before posting!!

I think I have had my questions answered in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=94937

However I am still open to any advice given my images I posted above.
We had the same issue maybe not quite as steep we have a spoon drain dug at the bottom of the cut, then drainage pits installed to catch the run off. Never underestimate the amount of water that can acumalte in a short amount of time. With drainage, imo prepare for the worst.

Related
20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

3/07/2023
Drainage Problem

Landscape & Garden Design

Thank you for this information.

13/09/2023
Drainage solutions

General Discussion

I would find out how deep your clay base is and depending on the depth install a cut off drain which is more than a normal agi drain. Where the neighbouring walls is…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum