Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Landscaping & decking - registered builder?

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, I'm currently in process of getting quotes for a substantial amount of work to be done in my backyard, namely, decking, open pergola/structure, screening, turf, etc. I've had a quote from a landscaping/construction company that I'm really keen on, however, upon doing my homework/research with the VBA (Victorian Building Authority), this business is not registered with them, which they tell me they should be if they're doing ANY structural work over $10K. Not being a registered builder, means they won't have the required dometic building insurance they need on jobs over $16K (which this will be). What's the protocol here? Should this raise big red flags? Should I avoid? Really, I'm a bit clueless about all this. Help!
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

5/02/2024
Decking & Span Table

Outdoor Living

Hi, Really struggling to find some consistency amongst Span Tables, can anyone help…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum