Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Timber fence but short concrete posts (see pic)

Page 1 of 1

I intend on removing the current 1.5m fence and replacing it with a 1.8m (paling pictured).

From what I have read the paling can only extend max 150mm beyond the rail. What can I do in order to extend the concrete posts so it can pick up the new rail I need to add?

Would a capping system work like what currently pictured or would the paling still warp?

Is there another solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, really struggling with this one.
mrnavi

I intend on removing the current 1.5m fence and replacing it with a 1.8m (paling pictured).

From what I have read the paling can only extend max 150mm beyond the rail. What can I do in order to extend the concrete posts so it can pick up the new rail I need to add?

Would a capping system work like what currently pictured or would the paling still warp?

Is there another solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, really struggling with this one.

I would simply fix a new post to the side of the existing one. Check it out for the rails, paling then cut back the posts later.

MC
Related
5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

24/03/2024
Fence posts in runny sand

Landscape & Garden Design

Hello, I am looking to install a fence but I tried to dig the holes with a post digger I realised the sand is very runny. Very, very runny. It just slides off the sides…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum