Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Pictures of my garden (Updated)

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone, its been a while since I`ve posted on this forum but I thought I should post some photos of my garden to liven the forum up a bit as its gotten quite quiet in recent years and I love seeing other peoples gardens on here myself.

Love it, looks like minimal maintenance, which is always a plus.

Love the brick colour aswell!
Thanks RenoMentor!. Where there is mulch was originally all grass and I hate mowing and looking after grass so I replaced what I could (not the nature strip as thats council land) with plants and mulch and im so happy with it. When the ground covers grow they will cover the mulch and look like healthy grass.The garden doesn't need much maintenance as its all quite free flowing and a bit messy on purpose

This part of my garden is going really well, although ive just transtplanted the grass plants so they aren't doing so well.

Ive just added this mesh screening to my side fence and im growing some hardenbergia 'white out' vines over it
Down the side of my house ive been trying to create a sort of tropical/japanese style garden

We built this fence and gate to seperate the front yard and the backyard. The gate is a screen from bunnings inserted into a frame we made.

On the inside of this area we have little gem magnolia trees, bamboo, bird of paradise plants, chinese palms, mondo grass and various other similar plants

This area has come a long way as it was mostly weeds and on a slope before
How do you keep the weeds, leaves and other mess out of your gravel/river stone path? Weed mat/plastic?

Its funny that you`ve asked that SteveMc, because i just got back from a two week holiday and the rock garden is full of weeds!. I did put down weed mat under the stones but unfortunately the weeds and grass still grow through. So i just pick out the bigger ones and put boiling water from the kettle on the smaller ones to kill them off. I prefer to do this than to use poison as i have a dog that sometimes chews the grass and weeds. If i was starting from scratch i would use mulch in this garden like i have done for my front garden as i get almost no weeds with the mulch.

Looking through recent photos i noticed how much some of my plants have grown in the last couple of months. The pencil pines have really taken off as have the westringia bushes infront, and the dychondra in the pots beside the front door. My little white agapanthus plants beside the westringia are finally showing up and flowering too.
looks great! very tidy, green plants match red bricks, wonderful
Love it look really nice.
Looks beautiful! I love the colour contrasts - it's all so very striking

I recently got some rustic/ tropical looking pots and I've filled the largest with a standard olive tree with some moss like ground cover plants underneath, then filled another pot with water which I plan to get a solar fountain/bubbler for. Then the smaller two pots I've filled with chalk stick succulents and a cycad palm. I've added these to my tropical/Asian style side yard. I love the way its turned out and I plan on getting more random plants that I love and adding them to this garden.
Looks great!
Thanks Brad1979. the garden is constantly changing. Its been a couple of months since I updated these photos and the garden looks different already. Ill upload some photos or video if I can
Looking good!

Here are some more recent pictures. I’ve filled up the area with different pots and my cactus flowered recently for the first time which was nice 🙂
Alex2424

Love it!
Related
5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum