Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Under eave bare ground and alfresco finishing design/texture

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

Slowly chipping away at the landscaping around our new place and finishing off around the immediate house and alfresco.
Grass seed has taken well for how little effort I put in (zero... just wanted anything to stop the dust). Just under the 650mm eaves there is 400mm of bare ground, obviously because of the lack of rain watering.

I can’t really google any ispiration for ideas other than rock/pebble boarders or concrete paths. I don’t like either idea. Half the house has concrete path or driveways, but I don’t want more concrete here.

My idea is to get 600x400 pavers and lay them long-ways around the bare area in a single row. Set in concrete/mortar. Just an edging, not a path. Will make mowing easy, will finish it off too.

Alfresco will be tiled, silver edging on the corner and thinking of rendering the vertical 170mm. Down to the paver... is that too many textures or finishes for the space?
I’m not sure we have enough tile to do the vertical, we bought 10% more than required but didn’t think of the vertical space. This was 4 years ago, 2 babies changed slowed us down a bit. Maybe I should see if they still make the tiles, and keep the new batch for the vertical only. Avoiding mixing in case of colour variation, the surface change should hide it if there is any?

Looking for any input or pictures of what people have done themselves.

Thanks.

Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

15/12/2023
What to attach eave brackets to?

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Cheers mate! This is exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure if it was something I'd find on the shelf. I agree with you, fixing the brackets to the board will look…

19/05/2023
Finishing standards - advice needed

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Don't think they are designed for double brick. WA has a particular way of building and unfortunately that's the way a large amount of sills are finished.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum