Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Buffalo lawn with other grass coming through.

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have a Buffalo lawn which was laid 12 months ago which was going well however over winter when it has gone dormant another species of grass is now popping up.

Anyone know the best way to maintain the buffalo grass and kill the other?

Personally I'd hand weed through winter. Herbicide treatment is possible with Buffalo but there isn't much of a big deal to pull out the offending weeds

SteveMc
Personally I'd hand weed through winter. Herbicide treatment is possible with Buffalo but there isn't much of a big deal to pull out the offending weeds

I've done that for the bits that are by themselves however the biggest bunches are very dense and very tough to remove. I probably left them for too long before addressing.

I believe the invader is Winter Grass?

If so, you might want to try Amgrow Winter Grass Killer from Bunnings ($24). It kills the Winter Grass, not the Buffalo.
Related
21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

17/08/2023
Disasters are coming

Safer Living

Chemtrails, only the most disproven conspiracy theory in the history of conspiracy theories. You've gone in the deep end, drowned, and are now a mindless bloated…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum