Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Dwarf Lime Tree Leaf Curl

Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I'm having some problems with my dwarf lime tree. It's has been going gangbusters of recent, but just recently I've noticed some of the leaves curling up. I've had citrus leaf miner before, and use white oil on the leaves, and this seems to have fixed that problem, but I'm not sure what the cause of the new problem is. You can see from the photos, some leaves are dropping too.

Thanks in advance.

TJ
Possibly a watering issue? My lime tree (also in a pot) lost all its leaves and then grew them back after being deprived of water for a while
Hi Grom.

Thanks, so you think it may be getting too much water? That has always been in the back of my mind, as it is quite a big pot, and I'm wary of ensuring there is enough water there.
This is also indicative of high salt content in the soil.
This can happen by using "Citrus" fertilisers or popular "Liquid fertilisers".
Cheap potting mixes can sometimes be associated with this.
Make sure it was an Australian standards mix
Oh, never use white oil. Always use a plant based oil instead such as Eco Oil.
Petroleum oils can damage the leaf health with prolonged use and run the risk of burning in the heat.
Plant based oils won't be a concern.

Or make your own.
1 cup Olive oil, (or similar)
1 cup of Dishwashing liquid
mix together
Store as a concentrate

Dilute 100ml per 1 ltr of water.
(sometimes I'll add a dash of Euc Oil, Tea Tree or Clove)

Citrus leaf minor will need many repeat sprays under normal circumstances.
Try source Rock Dust or Rock Minerals for your tree.
Use molasses.
Curling leaves means not enough REGULAR water. Your in a pot so this means it will dry out far easier than a plant in the ground. Use rock dust add some compost and then mulch. The compost and mulch will help with the watering. Citrus have shallow roots so don't dig compost in.

Also watch for light yellow leaves with green veins as this means you need to give trace minerals. The plants tell u what they need if u know the signs.
you will see curling leaves on citrus in commercial wholesale nurseries. Water is regular. It's normally the fertilisers used to grow them doing it. Also, over watering will present differently.
Ill second the advice on white oil, It burned my plants despite following directions.

I balcony gardened for a long time, And that leaf curl always occurred after heavy winds, I'd say they'd been thrashed by the wind a bit.
Related
4/08/2023
Tree Identification Mackay

General Discussion

Hello. I just bought a few acres in Habana, Mackay, and my horses seem to love hanging around under this tree. I would like to name the paddock after this tree. Can…

7/01/2024
What tree is this?

General Discussion

Fellow Perth dweller. Looks like pruns nigra. It's a dark leaf flowering plum. Doesn't get massive and is easily trimmed deciduous tree. Very popular in small gardens in Perth

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum