Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Landscape design - KDR (sekisui house ) Burbank - ST George

Page 12 of 15
Landscaper back working again today, there are too many prep for different area.
Every where is digging and digging.

We had changed our mind again for the shape of decking ( this will be our 5 to 6 times now), can't wait to see decking finish only than we can stop changing our mind.

We got stepping stones for both side of the house yesterday from Outdoor and General at Punchbowl. Very happy with stepping stones we bought.

Footpath for guestroom and kitchen will have a nice steeping stone called - Terrazgrey Granite Paver 600mm by 400mm by 30mm.

The other side behind garage and next to laundry will have concrete pavers stepping.
Hopefully every things will tie in.

Footpath between alfresco and outdoor living stepping stones will be same Terrazgrey but bigger size 800mm by 400mm by 30mm.

Footpath next to outdoor living will be 600mm by 400mm by 30mm.

Landscaping take painful long too. My landscaper disappeared for one week and he will be on holidays in three weeks. In between he can only give me 10 days.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Landscape Tread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
Decking continue today. And the lawn area nearly level.
shazaw
I have digged out every single shrub of these Liriope before demo will be replanting at the front of the house again. The new location will be behind the fence instead of in front of the fence as you see in the picture.

Your liriope look Devine. How long does it take for them to look like that? Ours are taking way too long to grow one flower

It’s slow growing in our front yard and already I want to change our plants

Emmz70
Your liriope look Devine. How long does it take for them to look like that? Ours are taking way too long to grow one flower

Each of these Liriope were over 30 to 40 cm in diameter, so I have divided into 3 to 4 clumps and repotted before demo and now each pots have grow larger. I do find these Liriope like to be cleaned once a year. As soon as you see new shoots are about 5 to 8 cm pull out the old leaves and flower spikes... give them a good clean. Yes these are absolutely beautiful once in flower and flower last longer too.

Landscape Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
shazaw
Emmz70

Each of these Liriope were over 30 to 40 cm in diameter, so I have divided into 3 to 4 clumps and repotted before demo and now each pots have grow larger. I do find these Liriope like to be cleaned once a year. As soon as you see new shoots are about 5 to 8 cm pull out the old leaves and flower spikes... give them a good clean. Yes these are absolutely beautiful once in flower and flower last longer too.

Thank you for the tip. They are indeed spectacular. Loving your choice of plants and will definitely be following

Emmz70
Thank you for the tip. They are indeed spectacular. Loving your choice of plants and will definitely be following

Thanks

Finally we have Lawn they finished at 5:30pm today so no photo. Deck is halfway finish and hoping he will complete by tomorrow.
Stepping stones placed along the side of laundry and rainwater tank. Stepping stones were not in straight line due to placement of vertical garden on the fence. So far I'm happy how it look. At first the landscaper had placed stepping stones at 10cm apart, after walking on stepping stones I do find 10 cm gap is way too close. So now we have placed 20cm apart.

What... lol you’ve even got lawn, steppers and a vertical garden before handover. soon deck too. Interesting about the steppers distance, I marked out some step distances and thought using a brick’s width (110mm) might be a good spacer size. What size pavers did you go with? Would the pavers size change the spacer size you think?

ehhc
What... lol you’ve even got lawn, steppers and a vertical garden before handover. soon deck too. Interesting about the steppers distance, I marked out some step distances and thought using a brick’s width (110mm) might be a good spacer size. What size pavers did you go with? Would the pavers size change the spacer size you think?

Steppers are not cement down yet they are just laid to see the distance and look.
As for vertical garden it is just old mesh fence hooked on to colour bond fence and pot plants hooked on to the mesh.

Will take pics today. My landscaper will be on holiday end of next week. Yes there are many things not finish.

Steppers along the side of rain water tank not finish yet.
Lawn at back and deck not yet finish and Lillypilly planted.
shazaw
Steppers along the side of rain water tank not finish yet.

Love this!! They look great

Started to place Bromeliads on the mesh fance not finish yet 😋
Looking good already Shaz.
And the Brom rack looking great as well...
I'm thinking of a similar look but instead stack sections of steppers.
Are you planning to let some ground cover colonise the ground there or gravel?

man great job. Looks excellent already
SteveMc
Looking good already Shaz.
And the Brom rack looking great as well...
I'm thinking of a similar look but instead stack sections of steppers.
Are you planning to let some ground cover colonise the ground there or gravel?

Thanks steveMc, We are going to have gravel but we haven't cemented down steppers yet, we are still trying out to see how we feel about walking on these steppers. We may change to different type of steppers as I'm finding 300 * 600 are not wide enough for placement of each foot.

cat_dunc
man great job. Looks excellent already

Thanks cat, long way to finish landscaping and my Landscaper gone for 3 weeks holiday and we just have to wait for him to come back but at least we don't have to walk on mud.
I need to place potted plants around the ground to feel overall structure. it's ok to have plants on the drawing but totally different when placing plants on the ground. a row of Liriope don't look good next to port wine megnolia. I'm thinking of having different colour of pigfaces under port wine megnolia.

I love your Bromie wall!

love the brom wall!
Moved potplants from town house to site.

Bromeliads in large pots infront of studyroom. Picked up these pots for free after neighbour had their backyard renovation ... they added swimming pool with new garden and tossed these pots out. Japanese Buxus in front were three years old very very slow growing
Related
29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum