Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Landscape design - KDR (sekisui house ) Burbank - ST George

Page 11 of 15
Cool thanks for the pic. are those prices cheap shazza?

shazaw
I only got 5 different types of plants. I wanted more but didn't fit into car any more.

- 15 × Philodendron xanadu 150mm $7 each. (right side upper corner)
- 17 × Michelia figo Port wine magnolia 200mm $8.50 each. (left side)
As soon as I saw these Port wine magnolia I wanted to plant at the front instead of dwarf lilly pilly.

We have a Port wine and it has a beautiful fragrance. You can also hack into them as much as you like and they will always come back... at least here at BELROSE, Sydney.

ehhc
Cool thanks for the pic. are those prices cheap shazza?

Best for you to visit other big nursery and check out prices.

For me the less I have to pay for plants the better!! I have too many plants on my landscaping plan....I needed to buy in bulk and pay less. They don't stock Camellia Sasanqua Paradise blush but they do have similar Camellia Sasanqua Pure Silk and I was happy with that. It's half the price from other nursery places. They also have camellia in 400mm / 45lt for $88.00... bargain....
Do your research before you go.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Landscape Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
Searching4 knowledge
shazaw
I only got 5 different types of plants. I wanted more but didn't fit into car any more.

- 15 × Philodendron xanadu 150mm $7 each. (right side upper corner)
- 17 × Michelia figo Port wine magnolia 200mm $8.50 each. (left side)
As soon as I saw these Port wine magnolia I wanted to plant at the front instead of dwarf lilly pilly.

We have a Port wine and it has a beautiful fragrance. You can also hack into them as much as you like and they will always come back... at least here at BELROSE, Sydney.

Thanks. These will grow into thick bush...will be nice for anyone walk by to enjoy lovely fragrance.

shazaw
1 × Tibouchina 25lt $35 each

Only $35!!!!
Great bargains, it would have been awesome visiting the nursery.
cat_dunc

They open on Sunday to 1pm.

Landscape : Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
After one week break due to rain... we can start again with landscaping. Two guys are working at the front this morning ... so muddy!!

One guy is coming to quote for decking tomorrow. Hubby still wants to have longer deck 11m from lounge room to alfresco. I only wanted a deck in front of lounge room 2.5m by 5m.
LOL We made decisions as we go.

As for finishing landscaping we still needs to find the right kind of Lilly Pilly.
My landscaper live two blocks away from my townhouse so he going to move larger pot plants for me tomorrow. Once these pots are moved to build site, I can start to clean with "Gerni" for court yard. That's at lease one day job.

More soil from front moved to the back.
Planter box at the front...
Landscaping = Back pain, I'm out of action now.

I was not doing much... as our landscaper was moving soil from front to the back and started to level the back slope ... I was helping to move bricks, debris and pot plants out of way for him.

Ok now for update on landscape : the front nature strip added top soil and grass, and looking fine.

Garden mix in the planter box ready for planting. Hubby already ordered 9 * Rhaphiolepis Snow Maiden 200mm pot and 9 * Lilly Pilly Backyard Bliss 300mm pot. These plants are from Budget Wholesale Nursery Sydeny ... their web address https://www.budgetnursery.com.au check them out.

Looking forward for my new plants to arrive.

Rhaphiolepis will planting out next to metal fence along the driveway of next door neighbour.
These plants are a little slow growing but tick off every thing that required... It cannot be kill by too much love.

These Lilly Pilly are new ...advertised as "NEW VARIETY FOR USE AROUND POOLS.
NO FLOWER. NO MESS". Just the kind of lilly pilly I like.

shazaw
cat_dunc

They open on Sunday to 1pm.

Landscape : Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133

And, I guess, we might have dropped into Rockdale Community Nursery at some time? Such an interesting place. The range, the lovely staff, and the excellent prices! https://www.facebook.com/BaysideGardenCentre/
Hubby and I are changing our mind how we are going to place paving stone for footpath next to the side of the house.
We have 1.2cm by 20 meters gap pathway on the kitchen and guest bedroom side.
Originally we have just pebbles for the path.... which this will be a problem pushing lawnmower from the shed at the back to the front lawn area.... so we are now planning to add stepping stone along the pebbles path. We have seen stepping stone size of 600mm by 400mm and 400mm by 400mm.

So I'm thinking to put two of stepping stone as one 400mm by 400mm together and spacing the gap of stepping closer. Will this look silly if I'm having too many stepping stones?

Interested in this too we don’t know whether to have a concrete path or stones like you describe. Think we will go for a concrete path , first quote for that is $5000 so hopeful we can get some cheaper ones.

trimum
Interested in this too we don’t know whether to have a concrete path or stones like you describe. Think we will go for a concrete path , first quote for that is $5000 so hopeful we can get some cheaper ones.

Do you have a rough area sqm concrete path for $5000? Sound too much.

ehhc,

"Shazaw, lol you guys are getting more done we are. The garden beds are looking great, I like how you guys have so much space. How wide are the garden beds? And are they the same width in the front and the back yards?"

The garden bed at the backyard very far back is 2.5 meters by 11 meters and the skinny long box on the side is 1.2 meters by 15 meters. The front one is 90 cm by 9 meters.

@ehhc When are you going to start your garden. I'm having so much fun.

I start planting and really enjoyed...

Planting is the best part!

I think the stepping stones will look great. May as well have them close enough so they are practical. If you go to the effort of putting them in, you don't want to be dragging the mower over the pebble gaps still.

Hows your back?
cat_dunc
Planting is the best part!

I think the stepping stones will look great. May as well have them close enough so they are practical. If you go to the effort of putting them in, you don't want to be dragging the mower over the pebble gaps still.

Hows your back?

Thank Cat, I'll be pushing to have stepping stones closer as hubby won with longer decking.
Decking will starting this Friday hubby booked him in to start asap. Only when decking finish the other landscaper will be back to start foot path and top soil for lawn.

As for my back getting better and I'm very careful how I carry things or pick up and even sitting down. I was totally out of action for long weekend. I wanted to start planting during long weekend but very disappointed I could not even put my sock on let alone pick up pot plants.

And Today I was very mindful of my back and took my time planting 15 pots of magnolia, took the whole day to finish as I was working at the front neighbours from my street comes to chit chat as they are excited to see me started on garden.

Last Sunday one neighbour invited himself in to the backyard as we were measuring for decking. He was very excited that we will be moving back to the neighbourhood and he is also keen gardener who wanted to check out my plants. Well I have someone to water my plants when I go on holidays.

Young teenagers Lilly pilly arrived this morning. So healthy and vibrant.
Related
29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum