Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Pulling out Magnolia Little

Page 1 of 1
I've got half a dozen Little Gems in my backyard. They were transplanted from my front yard a couple of years back and I don't think they've ever liked the spot I put them in. Raised garden beds, facing west but sheltered somewhat. For some reason, they've just never done any good.

Anyway, I've decided to take them out. Some are in OK condition but a bit spindly. Most are up to 2 metres high but just not thick - see pics below.

Anyway, just wondering if I should just chuck them out - or try selling them? They're not great specimens so have no idea whether anyone would want them, and possibly revive them. Would they be worth anything? The height is good but just not vigorous growth.

Please don't try and convince me to keep them. I'm over 'em!!

Thanks in advance.
Anybody?
Little gems are very popular these days but I agree your ones look a bit...ah...spindly lol.

If I were you I'd advertise them on something like Gumtree and see if you get any interest; prospective buyers might be so interested that they'll even dig them out for you! I would think if someone gave the plants a bit of TLC and maybe some pruning they're still salvageable but I wouldn't be asking for too much money for them (it sounds like having them gone from your garden is reward enough for you).

Hope that helps
Thanks for that.

Yes I agree. Wasn't thinking of asking much at all but just wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. I may just list them and be upfront and say they are in pretty ordinary condition!

Cheers
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum