Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Transplanted manchurian pear trees

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have transplanted 2, 5 year old manchurian pear trees and I am after any advice on what I can do to help them survive! They were moved 3 days ago in the worst possible weather conditions (38 degrees, full sun, and obviously with full foliage this time of year) We are putting in a pool which is why they have had to be moved now! I am in Perth so soil is very sandy.
I have been watering them religiously (not sure if they can be over watered?), have used seasol and given them a really light prune. The poor trees are pretty stressed and the leaves are starting to brown and droop
They took a good few years to get to where they are now so I'll be devastated if they die!

Is there any hope for them??

Thanks,

Em
Bad time of year to be transplanting them but if you have to do it now...
Keep the water up to them but I'd be buying a few sq m of shade cloth and trying to keep the direct sun off them. It's worked for me in the past.

Stewie
Yeah I know terrible time
They are currently still alive but starting to look a little sad!
I will keep watering them and see what happens! Can you over water manchurian pears at all?
Unless you have free draining soil around them I'd say yes.
As per my previous post- look at covering them with shade cloth to keep the worst of the heat off them and give them a chance to recover.

Stewie
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum