Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

WREXTER'S REAR LANDSCAPING JOURNEY - Update Photos

Page 6 of 7
Quality. Great detail

Looking great mate that vertical garden is going to look amazing

Looks amazing, cant wait to see it finished!

wow, it looks incredible
thanks for the words of encouragement, makes it all worthwhile.

Cant wait to get some green in there.
Your back garden is looking fabulous so far wrexter! You've given me some ideas for my own place.

My ex & i did raised garden beds in my previous house - looked great when it was finished my and planted up

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Thanks rosemi

A little monday update:

I bet you can't wait to finish everything and just chill with beer in your hand and maybe a pizza in the oven ?

Your work is amazing !! Better than professional landscaper in my opinion .

Awesome works as always you are so close now
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback as always. Makes it all worthwhile.
I can't believe how well you've been able to make a plan and follow it!! Looks amazing.
Yep it looks terrific. I modelled ours at the start and it's changed a million times

I can't wait to see it finished!
All the good work been paid off. Looks so amazing. We loved the the dome pizza oven. Wish we are just as handy as you.

you've done a very good job! can't wait to see it finished

wrexter , updated photo please
i'm planning retic system for backyard, and after reading and looking at your photos motivation kicked in
i have done some research, and want to know your opinion on following:

1. PVC pipe must be at least 25mm?
2. which controller brand/model would you recommend? i'm inclining towards Hunter X-Core 4 station Outdoor unit.
3. which Solenoid valve would you recommend? (looking at Hunter PGV101 or TORO 25mm EZ FLO PLUS SOLENOID Valve with flow control)
4. pop sprinkler recommendation? i'm currently looking at Hunter PGP04 Ultra or Toro 300 Series Stream Rotor
Hi Mirz, sorry for the late reply. To answer your questions:

1. I went with 20mm, you can get higher pressure.

2. I went with a Hunter X-Core, if you can go for the 6 station, even if you think you might not need it,
better to have it and not need it then not have it and need it down the track.

3. i went for the Irritol Richdel 2400MT, used them before and still going after 5 years.
http://www.perthirrigation.com.au/listP ... ROL+SERIES

4. For the turf area i am using Hunter MP Rotators, cannot speak highly enough of these. very efficient sprinkler heads. And as suggested by the brochure i am using Hunter Pro-Spray PRS40 pop-ups.

For garden beds, i am using Netafim drip line (3 l/h)
Sorry for the long overdue update photos, have had slow progress with lots of rain on weekends and being away for work, almost complete now

- just have to wait a couple of weeks to coat the deck.
- Turf installation this weekend
- Planting, retic & lighting completion the weeks after.

Really really stoked at how its come together, i will post up some photos of at night with all the lights on.

wrexter
Hi Mirz, sorry for the late reply. To answer your questions:

1. I went with 20mm, you can get higher pressure.

2. I went with a Hunter X-Core, if you can go for the 6 station, even if you think you might not need it,
better to have it and not need it then not have it and need it down the track.

3. i went for the Irritol Richdel 2400MT, used them before and still going after 5 years.
http://www.perthirrigation.com.au/listP ... ROL+SERIES

4. For the turf area i am using Hunter MP Rotators, cannot speak highly enough of these. very efficient sprinkler heads. And as suggested by the brochure i am using Hunter Pro-Spray PRS40 pop-ups.

For garden beds, i am using Netafim drip line (3 l/h)

Thanks mate, that was really helpful

Your backyard is looking awesome
Turf has been installed! Ended up using Palmetto for good shade tolerance.

Hopefully i can keep it looking this green.

Not to sound arrogant but loving how its all coming together, it looks awesome at night with the lighting, will take some photos at night once all the lighting is installed.

Related
30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum