Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

WREXTER'S REAR LANDSCAPING JOURNEY - Update Photos

Page 1 of 7
Hi All

Haven't been on these forums for a while and about to finally get onto working on my rear landscaping after 2 years of having the biggest sand pit in Perth!

As per my front landscaping, Click Here for thread, i will be doing most of the work myself.

Plan (Click HEREfor High Res):

Thoughts, suggestions & plant reccomendations much appreciated for the various sections.

Definately having a White Frangipani Tree in the feature planter and would like a lime tree in Garden bed 'B'.

I want to fnalise this design in the next week and i want to produce a 3D plan which will make it easier to visualise.

I will take some photos of the area in the next week and post up.

Cheers
Some photos of the backyard before all the work begins:

Left side of house (facing back of house)

Rear-Left Corner

Right side of house (facing back of house)
Here are a couple of visualisations i came up with, any comments apprecaited. Hoping to make a start on earthworks in the next few weeks.

Night View

Day View
I can't see your pictures at work, but am very impressed with the Plan I can see, what program did you use to put that together ?
kavehman
I can't see your pictures at work, but am very impressed with the Plan I can see, what program did you use to put that together ?

Hey kavehman, i used AutoCAD to put the plan together. It helps drawings things in scale.
So ive calculated in need 2m3 of concrete delivered for my concrete foundations, got quote from $600 to $1200!

i did a calculation also, to buy the cement,aggregate, sand, mix it up would cost about $450, so for the extra $150 i think its worth paying for delivery and saving my back!
Earthworks have commenced

Visuals look awesome. Are they done in autocad too? I'm impressed you have the trees to use. I use archicad and my resources are lacking when it comes to tree types to use in the visuals.
wrexter
So ive calculated in need 20m3 of concrete delivered for my concrete foundations, got quote from $600 to $1200!

i did a calculation also, to buy the cement,aggregate, sand, mix it up would cost about $450, so for the extra $150 i think its worth paying for delivery and saving my back!

I like your 3D visualization but your rear walls are Face brick not render?
also 20m3 of concrete costs $4K +pump and it wont fit in that trench
Typo error?....
StructuralBIMGuy
wrexter
So ive calculated in need 20m3 of concrete delivered for my concrete foundations, got quote from $600 to $1200!

I like your 3D visualization but your rear walls are Face brick not render?
also 20m3 of concrete costs $4K +pump and it wont fit in that trench
Typo error?....

Yeah my rear walls are face brick, i have to change it :p

Yep Typo! i meant to say 2m3 but thats conservative amount. realistically will only need about 1.6m3.
cat_dunc
Visuals look awesome. Are they done in autocad too? I'm impressed you have the trees to use. I use archicad and my resources are lacking when it comes to tree types to use in the visuals.

Thanks

All the 3D is done in autocad but the visualisations (textures, trees, sun, shading etc) is done in a program called Lumion. its pretty impressive.
Looks amazing. For the back planner box with the seat what are the height differences? You could cap part of the planter boxes or put seating in front too.

All looks amazing.

Can't wait to see it all come to life!

Are you building your own pizza oven? Or buying it? What about the BBQ? Are you getting one?

Where is a water feature?

Also would avoid putting any garden beds next to the house for termite prevention (box D)
Hi yvonneh

I have slighly altered the design and seating arrangement as with the original design the seats were too high, too deep and the sizing didn't work. New design below.

I was originally going to build my own oven but as i think it will take a long time so i am likely going to buy a DIY kit from one of the suppliers and build it in kit form. I still need to build the based etc, just means i dont have to build the dome from bricks, its comes ready made. I will still need to render it myself.

No water feature unfortunately!

As you can see from the new design i have removed garden beds from next to the house for that exact reason.

Looking at pouring concrete in a few weeks. Should be all go go go once that happens.

Ooh very nice
I think cat_dunc has found a new hobby (lumion)

Wrexter -love your landscape plans. Your avatar is very cute! Husky or malamute?
haha yes I did go off and google lumion..
Concrete foundations have been installed and about to get bricking started soon.

Looking at chaning my design slightly and installing a garden wall like below in the alfresco area:

Some photos of the footings, all ready for brickworks now:

Slab for Vertical Garden Wall (Needs to be slighly modified)

Corner Slab for Pizza Oven stand

Slab for Planter & Feature planter box

Slab for rendered bench seat
Nice! It should pop out of the ground now you've got the concrete down. We're nearing your stage so very interested to watch your progress
Related
30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum