Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Synthetic Artificial or Fake Grass in Perth

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We would like to put Artificial grass in our front lawn but have no idea about these artificial lawn.

If someone could give me some idea what is the different and what we have to look for that would be good.

And if you know any company in Perth that offer good price for artificial grass in Perth, could you please recommend.

Thanks
Hi CSK2014,

When choosing an artificial lawn, there are a couple of things to look out for.

Yarn Type - Not all yarn on an artificial grass product are made equal. there are flat yarn, yarn with stem, U shape yarn, S-shaped yarn, etc each having their own characteristic leading to grass patches with different feel. Most product on the market are made up of polyethylene and polypropylene yarn (These yarn normally have a design life of 7 - 8 yrs under normal usage)

Colour - What type of colour tone are you looking for? Artificial grass is usually made up of flat polyethylene and curly polypropylene yarn. Some company have both these types of yarn in green colour while other have introduce products with a more realistic look eg. four tone artificial grass yarn, with the curly yarns having brown colour and the straight yarn having green colours.

Yarn height - Different pile height creates a different look and feel. For a plushier look, go for 35mm and above.

Yarn density - The denser the product the plushier it looks. (usually comes down on personal preference)

Backing - Backing is usually constructed from two layers of woven and non woven fabric. Choose a backing which is coated with SBR rubber for a longer lasting product. However, there are different quality of backing available out there in the market.

Site dimension - Most artificial grass comes in 2m or 4m width roll or 1.83m or 3.6m roll. If the site you are looking at is 2.5m wide, there might be a lot of wastage if the company you purchase your grass from do not have any offcuts that suit your plot or there will be more work involved in joining different grass pieces to reduce wastage.

Lead and Chemical testing: Make sure the products are tested to be lead and heavy chemical free. Artificial grass is not recommended for consumption
however you would wanna make sure should your kid decides to find out how it taste like it does not contain any harmful chemicals. (Most products nowday, even the oversea products, are all heavy chemical free. Its usually the legacy old generation artificial grass that were manufactured using heavy chemicals)

Budget - Most of the cost associated with putting in artificial grass is associated with the labour required to prepare the sub soil. Base preparation is important for the installation of artificial grass to ensure proper water drainage and reduce soil movement. If there is a limit in your budget, consider diy the artificial grass yourself.

Good luck finding the product you like

Regards,

Chris
CSK2014
Hi,

We would like to put Artificial grass in our front lawn but have no idea about these artificial lawn.

If someone could give me some idea what is the different and what we have to look for that would be good.

And if you know any in Perth that offer good price for artificial grass in Perth, could you please recommend.

Thanks

Hi Csk2014
I was in same bote was looking for artificial grass company in Perth didn't know where to go and what to do.then i found article
has given am lots of information like Chris did https://waturfgurus.com/artificial-gras ... urf-gurus/ hope this helps.
Related
17/12/2023
Synthetic Grass DIY

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Please help me to answer this question , it will help me a lot as i can go to buy confidently with your recommendation: I want to put synthetic turf in our backyard for…

16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum