Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Simple cheap material to build a modern planter box

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I'm looking to build a modern looking planter box. I'm planning on rendering the outside of it and I'm trying to find the best/cheapest material to make it out of. Maybe timber frame with some sort of sheet cladding to be rendered or just bricks?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I am looking to do something similar. I want to build a large planter along my back fence. It would be 600mm high, about 12meters long and the depth of the box would be about 400m. I have been looking at possible options. One thought I had was to use hebel power panels as it would mean that i wouldn't need to lay bricks and i believe they aren't that difficult to render. I have not been able to find any examples on the Internet of people doing this so I am not entirely sure about going about it or whether its a bad idea.
Make a gabion wall and fill it.
Related
15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

25/08/2023
Material theft from site

General Discussion

Different to what others have said but thanks for that insight.

24/01/2024
Mark up on material by trades as an owner builder

Building A New House

Always get multiple quotes, no matter how reasonable/cheap you think it is. I remember getting a few quotes for a pool fence, roughly around the same price, thinking the…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum