Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Planter boxes - off the ground

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'd like to put some timber sleeper planter boxes along a fenceline in an area that has a bit of overland flow. So I don't dam up the neighbour's side of the fence I was thinking of having these off the ground to allow for potential water flow underneath.

Obviously with the weight of the soil, the boxes themselves, and plants swaying in the breeze, I want this to be safe and stable. Could I use besser blocks on their sides to provide flow channels?

The total size of the boxe(s) will be about 9m long and 0.5m wide. The low part of the yard is about 2m in the middle of this.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mick.
Have you thought of putting a gravel bed containing ag pipe under the garden beds? You may be able to connect it up to your stormwater system, depending on the fall of your land and the location of your stormwater pipes. I'm not sure of the rules on this so you probably want to check with a plumber.
Simply use a blend of lightweight Coir Peat and Perlite to fill the boxes. Mulch with pine bark.
Construct with timbers more suited to a deck or patio. You may even be able to have some steel fabricated as a strong base from which to build from.
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum