Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Advice On Oversowing Lawn

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for advice in oversowing my lawn as the current lawn is pretty crappy and I would like to improve it up. Part of the reason I want to do this is due to the fact that I have two small boys who want to play out there.

I live in Hobart and have two Labradors as well as the two boys.

So I am looking for any advice I can be given in relation to oversowing such as what kind of type of grass should I use? Is there any particular brand I should look at using?

Here are some photos of the lawn.

Thanks in advance.
Tall fescue would be the go for you in Hobart. Get seed of rhizomatous tall fescue, this is a type of fescue that spreads and can repair from damage. You can get it from;
http://www.adseed.com.au/ and you can buy it online or through Tas turf solutions by the look of it.
Question to consider how are you going to keep the pets and children off the area until the new lawn takes
BeatrixKiddo
Tall fescue would be the go for you in Hobart. Get seed of rhizomatous tall fescue, this is a type of fescue that spreads and can repair from damage. You can get it from;
http://www.adseed.com.au/ and you can buy it online or through Tas turf solutions by the look of it.

Thanks for that one. Which one is it because I couldn't work it out.

Gardener
Question to consider how are you going to keep the pets and children off the area until the new lawn takes

Well that is the big question really. Depends when I do it really. I could fence a part off at a time I guess. Any advice?
Defiant XRE, It's in the landscape turf pdf on the website.
Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

9/05/2023
Retaining wall defects - Advice needed

General Discussion

Hi All, I engaged a tradie to install concrete retaining wall 600-800mm high over 32 meters in Victoria. Sleepers are 200*75*2000 mm installed over 17 steel posts. I…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum