Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Battery Powered Lawn Mowers

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

I got Sir Walter Buffalo and looking for buying a Battery Powered Lawn Mower. I found two at Bunnings:

(1) Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower RLM36 - $499

(2) Bosch Cordless Lawn Mower Rotak 37Li - $499

Which one is best between those two?

Thanks in advance.

NiMa
You sure you want to use an electric mower for Sir Walter?

My sister has a very small area of Sir Walter and bought an electric - it *really* struggles.
Sir Walter can be quite thick and really needs a petrol mower.
I have Sir Walter lawn - total front and back of ~58m2 and I use a Ryobi 36V mower.
Does the job no problem at all. I just take about 30% off the top. Do the lawns on alternate weekends.
A fully charged battery will do both lawns and also the edges (Ryobi 36V whipper snipper). Charge battery do the front, put battery away and use on back lawn next week - no drama at all.
Thinking of getting the hedge trimmer as well.
Don't waste your money on electric cords are a pain as they get in the way. Spend a little more and get a petrol reel mower it is a much better cut for Sir Walt also last,s twice as long IMO.
Battery powered = no cord
I use a Ryobi battery powered mower. Nice and light, and not to mention quiet! The dogs wouldnt move out of my way last time I mowed.
Althom
Battery powered = no cord

good point i still stand by a reel being a better cut
There is a number of posts of from owners of the Bosch mowers over on this forum http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1302562

I bought the 240v model from Amazon UK, saved $100+ & it was delivered within 7 days.
I have the Rotak 43Li; works a treat on my lawn, but it's only 120m2.

Much faster (due to less mucking around) than the petrol, and significantly quieter.
I have a HomeLite cordless electric Mower I got from bunnings about 2-3 years ago.

I've never had any trouble with it. It's ideal for my small lawn at around 12m x 4m.

Petrol mowers are just too much hassle.
Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum