Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Lawn Care: Super Growth - Organic Fertiliser

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

It's that time of year where I am trying to make the most of Spring and prepare my lawn for Summer.

After a bit of reading on this forum, I have purchased some Seasol, Powerfeed, Molasses and a Wetting Agent for my lawn.

I have noticed many people use Seamungus on their lawns within this forum.

I have only managed to find Seamungus in a 12kg bucket, which I gather might not be enough to fertilise my lawn (~300m2).

I contacted Elders here in Sydney to obtain a larger amount, but unfortunately they don't stock it anymore, but are willing to get it in if I wanted 1000kg

The person at Elders recommended I try Super Growth Organic (http://www.katekfertilizers.com.au/Orga ... rowth.html) as an alternative.

- Has anyone used Super Growth before?
- Based on the product ingredients/make up, does it look like a good alternative?
- Should I just stick to Dynamic Lifter instead?

I was hoping to use it as an alternative to Seamungus after applying the Seasol/Powerfeed/Molasses mix.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ingredients:

- Natural Rock Phosphate a colloidal form of phosphorous & rich source of plant available calcium
- Sulphate of Potash high in potassium and important for pest resistance, improved colour & fruit flavour
- Rock Minerals for a wide range of slow release trace elements & minerals for increased soil health
- Zeolite important for the supply of nutrients throughout the growth cycle
- Blood and Bone for strong root & shoot growth

Also includes Natural Gypsum, Seaweed Extract and Worm Castings
Another product that is stocked at Elders is:

Super Grass (http://www.katekfertilizers.com.au/Super-Grass.html)

Out of the two I mentioned which would be the better one and why?
You will find Seamungus in all Bunnings stores. Must be hundreds of Bunnings stores in Sydney alone.

Chuck your fertilizer around first, then water in with Seasol, Molasses etc.

Lastly the second link you provided is formulated especially for lawns. If you were to purchase either of the two you'd go for this one.
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I have found Seamungus in 12kg buckets at Bunnings, but I have heard that larger bags are available at prices comparable to Bunnings 12kg buckets.

The Super Growth is 50% of the cost of the Seamungus and also contains Seaweed etc I wanted to know whether it would be equivalent based on its ingredient blend.

I might throw some Super Grass on then top up with Super Growth/Dynamic Lifter 4-6 weeks later. Would that be ok or overdone?
You'll be advised not to use fertilizer and that it's bad for your lawn on this forum.

Apparently its bad for soil microbes and it'll make your grass grow well but will damage the soil your lawn grows in. I see the point.

I still use use fertilizers though. I also improve the health of my soil with seaweed based products, Gogo Juice and molasses. I'll let you know if my lawn dies!

Forget Seamungus - too bloody expensive. And i've never seen it sold in bags - just the buckets. What you linked to should be fine. I always alternate fertilizers. Organic, then synthetic next time etc. I've dropped off the fertilizer lately though and alternate Gogo Juice and Seasol/Powerfeed/molasses every few weeks.

And 4-6 weeks is a bit excessive. Try 6-8-10 weeks.
I just ordered a free 2L sample of nutrisoil (just paid postage). It's made from worm wee and a mixture of organic ingredients and minerals.
I'm interested to see how it goes on my lawn and garden.
Info here - http://www.nutrisoil.com.au/
I always use humate based organic products.
The seamungus is one of them.
Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum