Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Gardenias and frost

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I want to plant gardenias, but not sure if they are fine here, in Melbourne. It says that they are frost tender and we do have occasional minus temperatures (not often, but one day in a month we can get -1-2) during winter. Does anyone have gardenias in Melbourne/ Vic?
Yep i grow them, morning sun is best and i have them under an eave of the house with no probs. They hate frost but in any protected micro climate eg. under a tree canopy, near paving etc they will perform well. Worth growing in pots so you can move them to a different area if they are not thriving.
Even if they are damaged, care for them only with organic principles and they will bounce back fine.
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

6/05/2023
Decks and Firepits

Building A New House

Hi there, We've just build a new hardwood (Greybox) deck and am wondering whether firepit protective mats/surfaces are sufficient? I'm not sure that they're heat…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum