Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Should I prune when transplanting blueberries?

Page 1 of 1
I would appreciate some advice -

We bought four tube stock blueberries in October, and moved them to 6" pots in November. They tripled in height between November and March.

We've just transplanted them into the garden, and I don't know whether to prune them back now to help with root establishment, or wait until winter when they won't be growing?

Cheers,
lonnie
Bump - anyone?
I personally don't think it will make that much difference, if they plant grew that tall large when it was on the pot the roots must be able to sustain the plant at its current size. Now that it is in the ground it should grow even faster.
They look fine, just prune them in winter.
Thanks very much for the replies. I'll leave them as they are, then.
I'd take 1/3 off leave it for a week then move it. Knowing me, I'd say stuff it and move it right then and there

Molasses and seasol after transplanting it
Fu, I didn't trim them back at all, but they were watered in with molasses and seasol
Hey is that a little worm tube you've done there in the pic?
Fu Manchu
Hey is that a little worm tube you've done there in the pic?

No, it's a tube attached to some slotted ag pipe so that we can water the blueberries from below

We've just done the same setup with three dwarf citrus:

Also similar idea with just the storm water and cap to do portable worm farms
when full just move them to a new spot.
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum