Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Will mint grow through mulch

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
I have some pots with herbs in them. One of the pots has some mint that I got from my mother's place.
I have planted it and mulched around it in the pot. I am hoping it will multiply rapidly but will the new shoots come up through the mulch?

Should I remove the mulch?
Cheers
sure will, i put some in the ground (really stupid thing to do) and it comes up through inches of mulch. A long way from where it was planted i might add.
Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you
Mint will be along side the cockroaches after the nuclear bomb.
At least it smells nice after you squash it...
We have some in pots that "die" every now and then. At the moment it has very large bright green leaves! With no extra watering!
Mint will grow on the moon.
I actually killed my mint plant
after a couple of rainy weeks it didn't get enough sun to dry it out and it rotted
wow thats weird?...Did the pot have adequate drainage?
Mine is growing in the darkness of the compost bin..
I was thinking of replacing my lawn with mint..... it grows like couch
geez could you imagine that! every time u cut the grass it would smell lovley! and you'd probably eliminate all snails...now thats an idea...hehe.
yeah my mint looked dead when I moved the pot out of the sprinkler radius. (accidently)
Then I poured a bucket of water on it and it sprung back to live. My daughter covered it in sandpit sand the other day, it's still fine, just has a beach sand compost now
Cozmo
I was thinking of replacing my lawn with mint..... it grows like couch

Related
19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

9/01/2024
Leak through concrete after putting frames up

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you doing this with a building permit? Conversion of a non habitable room into a habitable room requires building permit.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum