Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Garden Bed Depth

Page 1 of 1
Can I get away with a garden bed depth of 15cm?
Only if you grow plastic plants.
That's what I figured Fu . Well, now you know why I'll be using pebbles
In that case you evil pebble using woman

Why not turn to some nice pots in there instead? Pebbles down and some matching pots of your choice that have some depth (about 20ltrs) and away you go
It maybe a blessing in disguise

Some citrus trees
Oh Fu, you're a kack

Now that I have your blessing
.......my life is in harmony
Or maybe some acacia limelight. I am right into those at the moment
They look **** hot
That's cute ... looks like a pet
, little green hairy dog ...

Anyway, found this, but not sure if it's true:
Bromeliads are native Latin American plants that require very little soil to grow well.
http://www.ehow.com/list_6325484_indoor ... z0rJXFNPxj (this talks about indoor plants, but at least 2 of them can be outdoors here)
From memory (saw this in another thread) you have rock under this thin bed? I am guessing here, but if you are really desperate for some foliage there, I would try growing something, just one plant as a test. If you have rock down under, I suppose all water would just distribute and soak the soil horizontally, so if that theory is correct, the plants shouldn't suffer too much. And tehre are all those various feeds and conditioners etc., as Fu always reminds us of - they should help keep it alive
Oh Lex, far far too much trouble
. I don't have that much enthusiasm to keep pouring money into a garden bed.

Fu, I thing I"ll be planting the Limelights somewhere in my front garden. Unless I change my mind AGAIN !
Hahaha, fair enough !!
I can sooooo understand when someone is fixed on having to have something ... so I had to try !! (well, except for destroying that rock
)
I have 2 Limelights, have had them for a few years now. They are very soft and pretty. Easy care.
Related
22/10/2023
Drop (Deepened) Edge Beam maximum depth/height

Building A New House

The distance between my DEBs varies from 4.1m at the narrowest to 8.1m at the widest.

29/10/2023
Sewer line minimum depth in NSW

Building A New House

Hi, only for walking. It is a narrow 1.5m paved area next to house.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum