Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

River Stones, Pebbles, Rocks in Perth

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone recommend somewhere in perth that sells river stones or Pebbles by the trailer in Perth?

I don't want blue, red or black in the mix, just white, cream or browns.

Google has failed me and I can't find anything on the forums either which I was suprised about!!
Manda as nice as they are, your plants are going to hate you for it

OK for paths though. Our WA soils are the single worst agricultural soils in the world as acknowledged by the united nations. That means we have to have gardens that create soils. not doing so will mean an array of hassles much latter. Best get it right now

If you get green mulches down, you start a wonderful cycle of building a new healthy soil. This results in far less water use, far less fertiliser use, far less work, far less weeding. far less insect problems. Just keep getting it once a year

Pebbles are not available in an affordable way in WA by the trailer load. There is a mob down in Donnybrook way that does them though. That is an expensive drive with a heavy trailer
They are all imported from Chinese rivers.

Alternatively take a short drive to a dry Pilbara river bed and get busy with a shovel. It would be a bit naughty but a good excuse to visit the massive dry Ashburton river bed and stop over in Karijini for a wonderful hoiliday
Oh Fu!!! The pebbles will make a path down the side of our house. I promise I will never put them in garden beds!

I did have the thought about DIY as I used to live in the country and know a river bed full of great stones (except when you are galloping along and don't know the river is about to turn to stones and have to apply some horsey brakes asap)

I never would have thought that paving might be cheaper than pebbles!! I might need to get the creativity hat on and think about another product!
I know a good paving thread
I'll chase up the pebbles for you tomorrow
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28793
Thanks Fu!

Once again you are awesome!
pea gravel is cheap enough
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum