Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

New turf watering regimen

Page 1 of 1
Hi Fu - a couple more questiona, please ??

We've laid Empire Zoysia.
Our turf supplier has advised to water it twice a day for 2 weeks, which we've been doing. I read that after that, watering is reduced to every 2nd day for about 7 to 10 days depending on weather.
1. Should we still be watering twice a day, though ?
2. Should we fill in joins & a few depressions
with something like topsoil or river sand?

Thanks again
What ever you fill in above is what you used below. That way you don't end up with weird areas that grow greener or different than the rest

Watering is an art form. Hard to say do it this often. very hard. You will need to work and learn it for your self pretty much. The soil need to be moist, not wet. It can be dry on the surface but as long as there is moisture just below that at say just past your first knuckle in your finger needs to be moist.

If you get lots of wet weather then it maybe doable. I'd hate to say the same for WA or Adelaide. It won't rain too often at the moment (although I think it did rain in Adelaide today
) Southies if you get a hot spell then yeah, more water will be needed till the roots get deeper. An exception, not a rule

The joins, I wouldn't worry about them, they will go in time.
Again.......thankyou very very much Fu
Thanks, this has helped me too..
Have a read about watering:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29834&p=414896
Related
27/02/2024
Does this quote seem right? Turf + landscaping

Landscape & Garden Design

They using concrete or timber sleepers? Timber or steel uprights? Any drainage behind sleeper?

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum