Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

ZEOLITE - SYDNEY SUPPLIER & PRICING see 6th post down

Page 1 of 2
Fu, I"ve found a Sydney supplier of zeolite available in 2.5 or 10kg bags : http://www.alibaba.com/product/au101413705-217569194-0/Mineral_Sponge_Natural_Super_Absorbent_Granules.html

We are turfing approx 250m2, so how much zeolite would I need to buy?
Also, do I put it in my garden beds as well ?

TIA

EDIT : My local Bunnings store didn't have the Olsens Green Bio, now had the staff heard of it. Do I need to go to a counter and quote the Bunnings Fineline Number? Would that make a difference?
Hi Southies.

I can help you with this one.

I went to my local AG supplier on the weekend & bought 1 x 25kg bag of Zeolite. Asked him the same question about application rates. We eventually worked it out with some quick Math...

It said to use "1 - 2 Tonne per hectare". (I went for the more, the better)
1 hectare = 2.5 acres & 2 Tonne = 2000kg.
4,000sqm = 1 acre, so 10,000sqm = 2.5 acres.
I needed 100sqm worth so that is equivalent to 1/100th of 10,000sqm, which is 100..... Sooooo, 2000kg divided by 100 is 20kg. Think that's right??

It was $16.50 per bag as well.

Also our Bunnings had the Olsens Green Bio, which suprised me. It did take a while for the girl to find it over the phone though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike.
Firthy_26....... Ag supplier? Is that a landscape supplier ?

So by your calculations
.........I would need to 2 x 20kg bags for 200m2 ? Is that right ?
Southies
Firthy_26....... Ag supplier? Is that a landscape supplier ?

So by your calculations
.........I would need to 2 x 20kg bags for 200m2 ? Is that right ?

Aggricultural Supplier.. (Farm Supplies, fertiliser etc..) http://www.eem.com.au/

40kg's sounds spot on to me!

Cheers,
Mike.
Thanks
Now just have to figure out where there is an ag supplier near me
For our Sydney members !!!! Found a supplier for zeolite :

Globe Australia Pty Ltd
Ph:8713 5555 Fax: 028713 5566
Web: www.globeaustralia.com.au

pricing :
$15.00 plus gst a bag, 20 kg bags
plus $10 delivery Sydney metro area
the code you need for the olsens is 296 0152 and I have been assured that it is available in every one of their shops.
Thanks Fu! Drove to another Bunnings and found it there. Strange that the 1st store didn't even have a spot on the shelf for it
Fu, I've just been told by the supplier of zeolite, that I "have to add lots of fertiliser" (he mentioned DL) to the soil other wise the zeolite will take up all the nutrients. I remember you advised against using products like DL.

Is it sufficient that I add bio-green & powerfeed before the turf ?

Thanks again.
Well sometimes they don't know their own products well enough
I have never seen issues relating to nutrients being held back from the plant using spongolite or zeolite. Yes they will hold nutrients but bloody hell, they will only hold so much and overall will significantly reduce the leaching of excess nutrients. Why on earth would you want to pump the soil full of nutrient just so the spongolite can absorb some. You want that to happen because the turf will not use nutrients at the rate humans love to perceive it as being
More fertiliser does not = a healthy lawn. I assure you it will be fine.

I also know of a soil that is sold and when used as a potting mix is of an exceptional quality and the results are outstanding. However they recommend to mix it with their potting mix
Hmmm why is that
It's better without the potting mix

As for the use of DL, well that is great stuff for you Mexicans on the other side of our border. I only refer to that in the situation of the coastal west coast and south east coast of SA. Get into the DL, it is great in the right soils, don't get me wrong on that. The use of DL as an only means of soil prep is an outdated and poor practice in landscaping. It is one bit of a jigsaw puzzle of things that will create a healthy vibrant water efficient lawn or garden for that matter. It has great organic properties but also contains lots of nitrogen so go easy on it long term or you get weak lawns that look nice and cost you heaps. You want a great lawn that is cheap enough to care for in comparison.
Once again Fu, you've been a great help !!
Thankyou so very much.

So onward with the soil prep & turfing this weekend
For those in Victoria Bulleen Art and Garden sell zeolite! If only I'd known that when I was there yesterday!
lisanne
For those in Victoria Bulleen Art and Garden sell zeolite! If only I'd known that when I was there yesterday!

A 25kg bag is $14.95 and one of the ladies there knows HEAPS about it and was VERY excited to hear about what I was doing for my soil!
Lisanne,

No chance they sell mollasses as well?

Cheers, B
BeatrixKiddo
Lisanne,

No chance they sell mollasses as well?

Cheers, B

No idea sorry, but I know that for me there are heaps of stock feed places around here that will have it.

Give them a call and find out
lisanne
lisanne

A 25kg bag is $14.95 and one of the ladies there knows HEAPS about it and was VERY excited to hear about what I was doing for my soil!

I bet she knows the same and maybe more than I do about it
Great to hear there are people with in the industry who know what they are doing with better practices in gardening and landscaping
Thanks Lisanne,

Bulleen Art and Garden is close by and was hoping they might have it to save looking around.

Fu, "baag" are also the home of sustainable gardening australia and have a heap of info on all things organic. For melb people who don't already know, http://www.baag.com.au, have certifed organic products and heaps of other goodies. The fact sheets are great also.

Cheers, B
BeatrixKiddo
Thanks Lisanne,

Bulleen Art and Garden is close by and was hoping they might have it to save looking around.

Fu, "baag" are also the home of sustainable gardening australia and have a heap of info on all things organic. For melb people who don't already know, http://www.baag.com.au, have certifed organic products and heaps of other goodies. The fact sheets are great also.

Cheers, B

They are very awesome there! I love the place.
BK if you are in the north east then stock feed in Eltham or if you are out my way Doreen, Yan Yean, Wollert,Whittlesea etc should have molasses
Thanks Lisanne,

Eltham is the closet and i didn't even think of it. Thanks again. We have high jacked this thread nicely.

Cheers, B.
just bumping this post for zeolite application...
Related
21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum