Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Costa's Garden Odyssey on SBS

Page 3 of 3
Agreed. I liked the idea of reuse but thats too much for me.

PS. And I'm not buying your car!
Go on
buy it
What decorations are on the bonnet?
Costa is covering Auqaponics ATM.

View on SBS TV . net...
How good was that garden in the end! The Tembaleski's are set for life!
Fu Manchu

Agree
My DH was drooling over it

Jazz
Fu Manchu

We are planing (or more like dreaming) to build a similar garden. But I don't like my chances with my current gardening skill
It will have to be a very long long long project (after I learn 10 times more about those stuff).
Are you insane!!!!

You are in the very best position of all to do that! Be resourceful. Visit the recycling centre and be creative. I did a consult on a home and was so chuffed with a raised bed made from 4 sheets of bullnose roofing screwed together. How good was the Tembaleski tunnel made from a sheet of bent over reo mesh. Josh Byrne has a worm farm made from a bath tub sitting in a frame so it looks like a table. Recycled timber and lids also made from recycled timber. you'd never know it was a worm farm

Get water tanks in but avoid using them for your garden. Crazy stuff. Use it back into the dunny and washing machine. Even the shower if you have big enough tanks and good summer rainfall.

You will learn from your mistakes and that will be the absolute best education you can have in gardens.

Never spend the money on the plant
Always spend it on the soil. That will also mean your garden doesn't vacuum your wallet dry.

Browse the veggie thread at the top of the forum
Provided the bloody ag dept website is working

It's all here at Homeone. Get searching with the search tool up in the top right of the screen.
lots of info hiding in homeone and that is the key to it all. Use my name as the poster.
I have been doing most of what you suggested and am always reading and reading more. We paid some extra to get the toilets plumb from a tank. Red about those soil / compost drought resistance plant etc.

Haven't move in as yet so can't actually start on anything and will try to not rush into it till I have a good idea. Wife doesn't like worms (or idea of spineless creatures!) so far have managed to convince her to accept a worm compost farm thing.

We don't have a huge backyard but should be big enough to do quite a few things
willing to accept ideas that doesn't lighten the wallet as it is already way too lighten due to building.
Yep going and building a garden that is waterwise and productive and forms a small habitat will indeed be more economical
It will be very different to what next door has and you and your family will be out there so much more enjoying it. Ironically it could even be the inspiration others need to get a new direction in urban landscapes together

It is being said that our landscapes are splitting in two directions. Those that can be lived in and from and those that look pretty. The later indicating a dependence on consumer based products and food sources. The afore showing a healthier lifestyle and reduced risk of health problems. Mental well being is also being found to have improvements in not only your home but those of communities adopting a more resourceful and productive garden space. Mental well being in lesser words is greatly improved. Now it is ironic that it takes less money to do it
Just stumbled across this thread- I love Costa but don't get to see the show due to other committments...the whole reason that we have bought an acre out of town is so that I can have the garden I've always wanted-one that can provide for our family and produces without artificial assistance. We are on tank water and septic system, so everything has to be thought out in advance....
Read the veggie thread and get in touch with some really solid info of the highest standards I can find from my network of peeps
Fu Manchu
Read the veggie thread and get in touch with some really solid info of the highest standards I can find from my network of peeps

Thanks Fu!
love it love it love it!!
Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum