Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

can someone help with with my side yard please

Page 1 of 1
hi everyone
I have this area and I just wanted a easy nice disign Iam from orange
we are only aloud to water once a week ,. my dogs also pee in this area a lot can anyone help me

please feel free to offer any suggestion I will try anything even some design
what size is the area? Do you want to be able to access it (e.g. to take the bins out) or is it purely a garden?
the area is about 5m along the fence and 3 =31/2 m wide I would like to acess this area it takes me to my clothes line and the other side of the house
if watering is an issue, & pups need a pee spot, how about an interesting design using stepping stones & a variety peebles/stones for contrast.

Maybe some gentle curves or something.

A couple of large pots with some flax to break it up?????

Good luck!
that sounds great hammerhead would you have a picture or a web site so I can see what you means
sorry rustygirl, just those images stuck in my head....in my head.....in my head.......
please so many people have read this can someone help
It's not we don't like you and from what we hear you don't smell funny
it is just a very hard question that's all:(

The hassle for you getting this looking good is the dogs. it looks like one or both are girls too by the patches on the grass. maybe?

Have you looked at syn turf for this spot? would look good.

Create a hedge down the fence with something like a Vibernam Oderatisima. A big leafed fast growing tough Vibernum.

Other than that gravel in that area is the only thing I can think of. You would need to sink a few star pickets along and some chook wire to "try" keep the little muttlys out from the new hedge?

You have a very tricky spot.
thankyou for you opinion ,do you think that if I put sand stone squares and pebble with maybe a waterfeature in the middle would look ok
Here is a phot of what I am thinking of
That looks good. I am intending to put pebals with stepping stones down the side. I like the idea of the water feature. Sorry I cant be anymore help, I am terrible with landscaping
this is the best homeone website even if no one can help you can go through all the photo's and get ideas some of these garden are fantastic
I dont know how to landscape either but Iam just getting idea's check it out
would the dogs pee in the water feature?

but the stepping stones surrounded by a hedge is a great idea
i DONT THINK THEY WILL ,THEY ARE VERY OBEDIENT DOG
BUT THIS IS WHAT MIGHT LOOK GOOD
MY HUSBAND IS GOOD WITH FOCUSING ON THINGS
A TALL WATER URN
OR LIKE THE PICTURE THAT IS ATTACHED STILL TRYING TO DECIDE
MY HUSBAND LIKES THE SQUARE FOUNTAIN ALONG THE FENCE
I have just done the paver and pebbles thing.

It's a pain with a dog, they run along it and kick pebbles up everywhere.

We are currently looking into what we can do to seal them a bit. We just sealed the pavers and think the same sealer might work for the pebbles just to hold them in place.
TAM
IS IT POSSIBLE IF YOU CAN SEND YOU'R
PHOTO THROUGH SO i CAN HAVE A LOOK
IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS HOW TO KEEP THE PEBBLE DOWN PLEASE LET US KNOW
No worries!!

It does look goog, but I prob put too many pebbles, they should be just below the paver, not even with it. This was before I sealed them.

ha tam
that looks good and the dog when they run on it the stone go everywhere
may be If I can find something to hold them down it might work
Related
3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

22/11/2023
where to place yard gullies?

Building A New House

can someone with more experience give me their insight? land is pretty much flat its pretty much at the top of a hill. left and right neighbours are flat in line with my…

29/12/2023
New development overlooks into my yard

General Discussion

Plant some bamboo along the fenceline >

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum