Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Garden drainage/ possible French drain installation

Page 1 of 1
Hi all. We moved into our house in Sydney in January. On the building inspection report it was noted that on the southern side of the property next to the wall tends to pool with water after rain. As per the continuous rain over the last few months this has exasperated the issue.

This section of the property is flat. There is a decline from the road down to the to this section which runs flat for approximately 10 meters which the property begins to decline again down to the back fence.

I want to keep this section of the property between the fence and the house as dry as possible to protect the foundation. Would the best option be to install a French drain and turn this section into a rock garden? The issue is we don't have any storm water piping to connect to in the backyard. I'm open to all ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Related
27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

7/07/2023
blocked drain in laundry

General Discussion

Agreed. I just found out today the certifier has not given the final sign off.

20/09/2023
Water around stormwater drain and concrete

Paving & Concreting

Grab a hose, insert it at the top of the inlet/down pipe and turn the water on and see where the water is escaping from. Then you'll know.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum