Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Changing lawn from couch to kikuyu?

Page 1 of 1
Can someone confirm if I remove plugs from my kikuyu out back and plug them into a partially existing couch front lawn if the kikuyu will smoother the couch out?

I really don't want to kill it off and start from scratch.

Cheers.

This is my kikuyu out back.
My understanding is that Kikuyu will out compete a couch lawn.

How long it would take for Kikuyu plugs to overtake a relatively healthy couch lawn, I have no idea.

You might try dethatching the lawn, top dressing and then over seeding with Kikuyu.

That should thin out the couch without killing it off entirely & promote the growth of the Kikuyu evenly throughout the lawn.

Keep in mind I'm not an expert, the above is just from my research into Kikuyu in preparation for seeding a lawn once my new build is complete.
Thankyou
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

5/09/2023
Changing a window to a door - DA vs complying development

General Discussion

Hi All, I'm new here! I'm in a block of 4 apartments (Waverley council) and looking to change a window to a sliding door. The window faces an enclosed garden (with a…

19/12/2023
Changing building certifiers mid-build

General Discussion

Hi all, I've received the unwelcome news that our certifier (BCA Certifiers) has merged into the McKenzie Group. A quick Google revealed McKenzie is the mob that…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum