Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help with reusing an old deck for new build

Page 1 of 1
Hi All!
We are currently completing our new build, and are planing our landscaping and decking.

We're looking at building an 8.0x4.4 deck.
One of our friends are doing a knock down rebuild, and have a treated pine, hardwood deck and pergola roof, which is 9x5.

We're trying to decide if it's worth grabbing some or all of their deck/pergola roof.

Hardwood boards are in great condition, just need a sand and stain/repaint.
The framing for the deck, is treated pine, and sitting on concrete posts, with termite protection. Looks to be in good condition.
The pergola roof, is all painted and covered with tin/transparent sheeting.
The entire structure was built in 2008.

I was initially leaning towards taking everything, but thinking about it a little more, we might just buy a new frame. My approx costing, it'll cost around 4.5K just for decking, then at least 3k for framing.

We will be building the deck, and then having a carpenter do the pergola roof.
I have a draftsman ready to go, and to submit the permits as owner builder.

Thanks!
Related
31/10/2023
Reusing graywater from bioseptic

General Discussion

Hi, We want to reuse the water for our veggie garden (we're basically using 250L / day for that – so if I can grab some from the bioseptic, it would help us a…

22/12/2023
Low Deck Build - Tuff Blocks on pavers

Outdoor Living

Those span tables can be pushed a little for a low deck if you dont mind a little flex. Last deck I did, I pushed it a little and it was still rock solid - no noticeable…

8/06/2023
Does my deck need handrails?

General Discussion

I've just built 3 stairs off a landing out the back and been told by the private certifier I need hand rails sorry tried to attach a pic but couldn't mine don't have sides…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum