Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Water Meter Pipe Cleanup

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we recently completed our build in SA and had to move our water meter and recycling tap (in the orange pipe) to the left so as to not impinge upon driveway space (first picture). Due to a lack of communication by multiple parties on multiple occasions, I couldn't be present during the works done by a company contracted by SA Water. If I had been present, I would have asked about the pipes still in the way of the future driveway (pictures 2, 3 and 4). Silly me thought the $713 cost to move the meter 50cm would have included this.

As someone completely new to this, are these pipes just the basic installation when water was first installed, and are they able to be cleaned up and placed underground by a plumber?

Thanks,

Your plumber has to move your pipes now, correct

Great thanks!
On the left hand side, we've also got this tap and drain which I believe was a temporary fixture for the build. Is this something that is normally removed by plumbers after a build is complete? Tap and drain?

Thanks,

Overflow Relief Gully, if the sewer backs up, your sewage will come out here rather than flooding your house. Should be a certain amount below the lowest floor drain in the house. Not sure about whether the tap is mandatory or not, but I got one as well positioned over the drain.
Ahh thank you, never would have known about this.
Related
27/02/2024
Re-routing hot water copper pipe

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We have a hot water copper pipe that runs from our hot water unit on one side of our house under a concrete slab to our bathroom and laundry...old house so not ideal. The…

21/02/2024
Meter box placed in Facade

Building A New House

Excellent contribution.

19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros