Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Best plants for landscaping (Victoria)

Page 1 of 1
We've started out home build journey, realistically we're 24 months away from moving in.

We had an idea to start growing our plants at our parents houses! What are some plants that we can start to plant that are a "sure thing" that can be used. It'll keep the parents happy to look after them

One the list so far:
Gardenias
Star Jasmine
Buxus

Any other suggestions? Any tips?

Thank you in advance!
We’re doing the same thing. We just finishing the internal selections while waiting for the DA approval. We involved a landscape architect early so and we know whatnwe wanted. A japanese garden style. In the backyard and a native Australian garden. So I started looking and planting japanese maples. In short, we just collect what trees we like. Looking out for smaller trees and grow them in big bags.
Related
25/01/2024
Plants for Pool in Melbourne

Landscape & Garden Design

Murraya could be a great option for you. It creates a great tall screening hedge but doesn't drop fruit like lily pilly. The flowers smell divine.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum