Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Any way to get a free standing fence that doesn't blow over?

Page 1 of 1
I share a weird entrance with my neighbour where they can see right into my house. I want to put up a privacy screen of some form - maybe like merbau screen slats or whatever really. But because it's technically body-corp area I can't bolt anything to the floor or wall in the way of a usual fence line - I'm limited to temporary/removable solutions.

I was thinking of that temporary 'construction zone' fencing with the concrete feet and aluminium wire - but they're way taller than I need and they look mighty ugly.

I also thought of using outdoor umbrella footings with a pole and attaching merbau screening to those, but I fear it'll still blow over in the wind.

I even thought of the office cubicle divider feet - like those carpeted panels for office cubicles with the T-shaped recepitcle feet - but I can't seem to find any for outdoor use that would withstand wind blowing on the panel.

I'm out of ideas - anyone have any thoughts?
One possible option is that you could possibly install some of those lightweight wooden fencing panels you can pick up from Bunnings/Stratco and have them installed? Theyre individual panels so shouldnt be too hard to install/remove again if you need. Might need to have posts dug into the ground to anchor them, but if so thats a job you could do with a posthole digger as they're only light panels instead of being full-blown fencing. Outside of fencing panels (instead of a regular colorbond fence or good neighbour fence) I can't think of too many other options off the top of my head.

Source: we had some dark coloured fencing panels put up on our property by the guys at Fences Adelaide. They were pretty easy to set up and cheaper than a full blown fence.

Hope that helps! Good luck OP
[quote="richiepeter":2prlgj42]One possible option is that you could possibly install some of those lightweight wooden fencing panels you can pick up from Bunnings/Stratco and have them installed? Theyre individual panels so shouldnt be too hard to install/remove again if you need. Might need to have posts dug into the ground to anchor them, but if so thats a job you could do with a posthole digger as they're only light panels instead of being full-blown fencing. Outside of fencing panels (instead of a regular colorbond fence or good neighbour fence) I can't think of too many other options off the top of my head.

Source: we had some dark coloured fencing panels put up on our property by the guys at Fences Adelaide. They were pretty easy to set up and cheaper than a full blown fence.

Hope that helps! Good luck OP[/quote:2prlgj42]
Thanks mate! Yeah nah I can't put anything down onto the concrete like posts or even bolts. It has to be a movable structure.

I was thinking of one of those vertical awnings that pull outwards, kind of like an airport queue barricade strap lol. But they also need a post bolted to the ground to receive the other end.

Not sure what else I can use other than a ton of plants which I don't really wanna take care of!
Get plastic barrels, fill them with water and secure whatever fence you choose to them. Weight of structure will be high, so wind would not be able to shift the fence.

If you need to move it - drain water.
Get some reflective film for the window. He won't be able to see you during the day. At night pull the blind down.
Get some reflective film for the window. He won't be able to see you during the day. At night pull the blind down.
Maybe buy some pots, insert a fence post and fill them with concrete?

The pots can be whatever style, size and shape you need to make it work.
Related
24/09/2023
Best way to attach perspex to an aluminium fence

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Using a rivet sounds like a good idea thanks

27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum