Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Water pressure valve

Page 1 of 1

Hi all, we built recently and I’ve found our water pressure is faaar less than our neighbours. The pressure is low even at the front tap.
I’ve located what looks to be an old water pressure valve and turned the Phillips head screw all the way to the right toward the plus sign but it’s still slow.

Does anyone have any tips on what else I can do? Do I need to take it off and clean it out?

Thanks
First thing you have to do is a static pressure test. You can buy a pressure gauge just about anywhere, just attach it to a mains water spigot while there is no system drawdown.
Awesome thanks. Got a pressure gauge and put it on the front tap. Watched the pressure increase as I turned the restrictor screw
Happy days!
I had bursting copper pipes in old house. During many years corrosion "eat" them, in some spots they were thin as a paper.
Plumber proposed to change ALL pipes in the house (price would be just a bit below Donald Tramp bank statement).

But during conversation I mentioned the house will be sold after renovation is finished.
So he proposed to cut corner: install valve like yours and reduce the pressure.
It would give me some extra time to sell house before new burst.

I hope it is not your case.
But if you got old copper pipe leaking after increasing pressure - it may be the previous owner used this solution.
Related
13/01/2024
Bidet - RPZ (Reduced Pressure Zone) valve

Bathrooms and Laundry

First time building 2 storey home, is under construction (in Framing stage) in NSW. I have 3 toilets and need bidet spray in…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum