Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Floor levelling before or after hanging walls

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I’m doing a full renovation of an old house, and have had the old walls and flooring taken off in the two rooms which are on a concrete slab.

It appears as though the old concrete was done as one big lot of footings and separate slab poured in after.. this was done sometime in the 50’s I believe, and as you can imagine, the footings are now not straight, and the interior slab has come away from the footings and is not level at all, in one corner, the slab is sticking above the footing, and the rest of it is sitting below the footings. In some parts, the base of the old frame has gaps between it and the footings.. I have filled the gap between the footings and slab, and I have floor leveller ready to go..

My question is whether I level the floor before or after the plasterer comes to hang the walls ??
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

1/03/2024
Waterproofing slab before laying floor buttons....

General Discussion

Hey There. No problems re jumping in. My original question was "should I have waterproofed" the concrete slab before putting batons down. We have been told we should…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum