Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Super soaked corner in backyard

Page 1 of 1
We built house and setup backyard almost 3.5 years ago. Since then it was all going good.

Our next door neighbor finished and moved in about a year ago. They build a shed right next to our common fence around 4~5 months ago. Since then a large corner area of our backyard is always heavily damped. Before I thought it was winter time and may be too many rains causing it. But now even after 3 consecutive sunny 25’c days, it’s still so damp that we cannot even walk there. It’s all muddy and you can feel like water is there all the time.

We don’t have any water tap or pipe in that corner.

I obtained drawings from all authorities via dial before dig service and could not find anything beside sewer line in that area.

Image from Yarra valley water

We are 125, and our top right hand corner shaded in blue is affected area.

According to our builder supplied drawings, sewer is almost 2m deep.

I talked to my neighbor today but he can’t recall anything which could be causing this issue.

Now, I’m not sure what to do about this? What could be potential cause for this issue.
I have marked new next door neighbor marked as New in drawings.
I assume your neighbor is in your north side (given where your alfresco is) , I have a similar situation. Whilst not sure, could it be that your north most end is always shaded by the fence (and potentially by the shed) causing a constant damp - but again it is only the case for winter and spring in my case, summer it gets dried up as the sun hit direct.
Neighbor is in our North East side, and this issue wasnt there in previous years during winters. Their shed is hardly 200mm higher than fence so no trealy too much of a differenece in sun blocking.

luckily so far this dampness is almost 3m away from actual house. so far main damage is only to the grass in that area which is not really a worry, but trying to figure out real reason and fix that.
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

16/10/2023
CDC Corner Balcony Size

General Discussion

Dear all, Requesting your help in relation to a CDC code. We are building a new home in NSW on a corner lot (500m2, 15m wide) following Greenfield CDC code. Our design…

13/08/2023
Backyard Construction Project

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

That laser level looks lovely! We bought one for less than a quarter of that price off eBay. It worked really well for us and it's still going now, five years later. After…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum