Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

How to keep spiders away?? Desparate!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, i am in deep problem. We moved to a house in goulburn, NSW. Previously we were living in a high rise building in Sydney. The current house has a garden on 1200sqm area, its a 1980 made old single story house with renovated kitchen.

We got the house double cleaned, cob webs removed, garage pressure cleaned the day before moving in.
We got pest control people carry out treatment for spiders inside, outside and roof cavity.
We sealed most of the gaps betweeb doors/ fly screen, also covered mouths of gas heater vents with net.
Getting the garden trimmed soon.

Despite taking all the measures we have seen 3 medium sized spiders inside house in the past 7 days.

MY WIFE IS a SeRious arachnophoebe. She is herself a doctor and has taken therapy in the past, which just worked by decreasing the insensity of her scream by 10%!!

What can we do to keep any spider from entering the house? Is their any barrier method?
Does peppermint oil really work? (Cant trust this anymore, spays few gallons of mortin even after the peat treatment- still 3 of those ghosts in just 7 days)

We have to live here for 12 months for job purpose. What can be done to make sure no spider crawls inside the house?
Having a pest control treatment should be enough to eradicate Spiders. One thing you should do is try to keep other insects out of your house. Eliminate a food source, making your home less appealing to spiders. You would also want to keep your outdoor spaces clear of debris that might attract spiders.
Hungry mice eat spiders, the cavalry is a comin'.
there's probably more than 3 spiders in your home mate, you just cant see them. I've found after a treatment, they can become more active if they haven't been killed, as they move to areas of the house not affected by the treatment.
Give the little critters a break! Most indoor spiders are harmless and survive by trapping and eating insects in your house.
Related
11/11/2023
Slab fall away

Landscape & Garden Design

I've got a challenge here. Background is the builder has cut too deep for the slab and the slab is now below the very substantial retaining wall. It's failed occupancy…

23/04/2024
Tiling a Balcony with Fall Away from House

General Discussion

AS4654.2-2012 External Membranes it is "Informative" but if you get water ingress your insurance assessor will go to this straight away and if not achieved, they will deny…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum